The first depth chart of the 2023 season has been released for the Florida Gators ahead of the big matchup versus the Utah Utes.
There are a few surprises on the depth chart that David Waters discusses with Gators Breakdown Plus members.
Depth chart notes
- C Kingsley Eguakun (Lower Body), QB Jack Miller (Upper Body), and DL Chris McClellan (Lower Body) are listed in the injury report as questionable
- True freshman Jordan Castell listed as a starter along side sophomore Miguel Mitchell at safety
- Redshirt Sophomore Khaleil Jackson is among the starters at wide receiver with Ricky Pearsall and Caleb Douglas.
- Quarterback depth chart: Graham Mertz, Jack Miller, Max Brown, Micah Leon
- Richie Leonard is listed as starter at left guard while transfer Micah Mazzccua is starter at right guard.
- Redshirt Sophomore Jake Slaughter backs up Kingsley Eguakun at center
- Dante Zanders and Tony Livingston are the listed starting tight ends.
- Scooby Williams listed as a starter at LB along side Shemar James and Williams is also listed as a starter at SAM LB.
- RB Trevor Etienne is listed as starting kick returner with Jason Marshall, Montrell Johnson, and Eugene Wilson
- Risky Pearsall and and Eugene Wilson are listed as punt returners.