The Gators completed the first 10-point 4th quarter comeback since their 11-point comeback
against Kentucky on Sept. 24, 2019.
QB Graham Mertz set a career high with 423 Passing yards and tied season high in passing
touchdowns with three.
- This is the first 400-yard passing game by a Florida QB against South Carolina
- Mertz averaged 14.1 yards-per-completion
WR Ricky Pearsall recorded a reception in his 35th-consecutive game, tied for the eighth-longest
streak in the FBS.
- Pearsall set his career high with 10 receptions, and set his career high with 166 receiving yards.
- Pearsall eclipsed 2,000 career receiving yards, becoming the fifth current FBS player to
accomplish the feat.
WR Kahleil Jackson set a career high in receiving yards (52), including a career high 45 yard long, and recorded his first career touchdown.
WR Eugene Wilson III caught a career long 30 yard reception.
Eight different receivers caught a pass.
Gators hit 11 explosive pass plays of 15 plus yards and six rushes of 10 plus yards.
● Arlis Boardingham: 24-yard reception, 1st quarter
● Montrell Johnson Jr.: 11-yard rush, 1st quarter
● Hayden Hansen: 16-yard reception, 1st quarter
● Ricky Pearsall: 23-yard reception, 1st quarter
● Trevor Etienne: 28-yard rush, 2nd quarter
● Kahleil Jackson: 45-yard reception, 2nd quarter
● Ricky Pearsall: 26-yard reception, 2nd quarter
● Eugene Wilson III: 30-yard reception, 3rd quarter
● Montrell Johnson Jr.: 20-yard rush, 4th quarter
● Montrell Johnson Jr.: 10-yard rush, 4th quarter
● Ricky Pearsall: 17-yard reception, 4th quarter
● Ricky Pearsall: 19-yard reception, 4th quarter
● Ricky Pearsall: 26-yard reception, 4th quarter
● Eugene Wilson III: 22-yard reception, 4th quarter
● Ricky Pearsall: 21-yard touchdown reception, 4th quarter
● Montrell Johnson Jr.: 11-yard rush, 4th quarter
Florida went 4-15 on 3rd down, but was able to go 3-4 on 4th downs including 3-3 on the last two drives of the game. Both of those drives ended in touchdowns.
Three of the Gators scoring drives were 75 yards or longer.
K Trey Smack Tied career high with 54-yard field goal. Also, had kicks of 48, 44, and 28 yards.
Florida was 5 for 5 in the red zone.
Gators get first road win of the 2023 season and second in Billy Napier’s tenure at Florida.
Photo credit: Maddie Washburn, UAA Communications